Monday, May 16, 2011

Back On The Horse: Call For Submissions & Two Important Promotions This Week


            As previously stated, Doubt It Publishing is rolling forward in June with this year's round of submissions for our 2012 Author Of The Year.  From June 1st through November 1st I'll be reviewing full length manuscript submissions for fiction, nonfiction and poetry.  Doubt It Publishing is looking for: humor, horror, short stories, self-help, memoirs, essays, rants, poetry and suspense. If your book is gripping and engaging I want to see it!  Send either a query, sample chapters or full manuscript to: bigwordsmailbag@yahoo.com. 
There is no reading fee or entry fee of any kind.  The only criteria is that you must reside in the Buffalo area and possess a talent for writing along with a willingness to work hard promoting your book when it comes out next year.  As 2011 Author Mark McElligott knows, marketing and campaigning for his book (Random Thoughts From A Broken Mind) is every bit as important as writing it.  You can review the Author Agreement details at http://www.doubtitpublishing.blogspot.com or by joining the open Doubt It Publishing group on Facebook.  If you know someone who's working on a book, please pass the word along.  Again, I am only picking (and working with) one author per year so that I can give them my undivided attention as well as the full brunt of my networking, marketing and media experience.  If you have any additional questions, feel free to email me at: bigwordsmalbag@yahoo.com.
Getting back to Mark McElligott, he chose to promote alongside me shortly after I launched Mockery, so while I'm starting to wind down on appearances for my book he'll be taking the baton and running with it in the coming months.  This Thursday I'll be reading and signing at Talking Leaves Books on 3158 Main St. from 7 p.m. (SHARP!) to 8 p.m.  Talking Leaves is another venue very close to my heart because it's local, I've done a promotion there for almost every book for the last decade and it's a great store.  Somehow Jonathan has a knack for stocking the ONE Bukowski book that I don't own every time I visit.  If you like poetry, they've got one of the largest selections in the tri-state area and they feature a comprehensive and diverse selection of local authors. 
This Saturday, Mark McElligott and I will both be reading at Stockman's Tavern on 9870 Transit Rd. in Swormville (between Amherst and Lockport) from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m.  Stockman's is a great bar with a great crowd, so please mark your calendar and make the time to come out and join us.  This will be Mark's first full-length reading, so please join me in welcoming him and his incredibly funny new book Random Thoughts From A Broken Mind.  Copies of Mockery and Random Thoughts will be limited, so either show up early or buy both on http://lulu.com  for the low low price of $15.
I'll see you out on the town this week.  Ladies and gentleman, start your submissions!
Thanks,
Tom Waters  

No comments: